The Trouble with Fructose
The Bitter Truth?
Watch this Video
Read Dr. Mercola's Article
You'll think twice about
Putting Fructose in Your Mouth
Sugar - The Bitter Truth
Watch this video by
Dr. Robert Lustig, Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco
2. Read Dr. Mercola's
Sugar May Be Bad, But This Sweetener Called Fructose Is Far More Deadly
(Part II) I
- A 2009 study from the University of California, Davis shows how a high-fructose diet can cause you to build new fat cells around your heart, liver, and digestive organs in just 10 weeks, plunging you into the early stages of diabetes and heart disease (whereas a high glucose diet did not have the same effects)
- Excess fructose consumption is a major contributor to insulin resistance and obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis, and other diseases
- Fructose is metabolized very differently in your body from glucose; all of the metabolic burden falls on your liver, in much the same way as for alcohol, and your body becomes a sea of toxic byproducts
- Glucose, on the other hand, is your body’s nearly ideal source of fuel, meaning it has none of the damaging metabolic effects of fructose; glucose also suppresses your appetite, unlike fructose, which stimulates your appetite and encourages overeating and the accumulation of excess body fat
Big Gulp, Meet Big Belt
High Fructose Corn Syrup Has Only Been Around One Generation!
The War on Fat
Justification for Low-Fat Diet
Proof that Sugar Cause Obesity
Fructose is NOT the Same as Glucose
There are Two Types of LDL -- and Only One is Bad
The Molecule that Makes Fat Stick to You
Carbohydrate Biochemistry 101
I. Glucose Metabolism
II. Ethanol Metabolism
III. Fructose Metabolism
The Neurochemical Basis for Gluttony
Big Fat Lies From the Corn Industry
What's a Sugarholic to Do?
A Word of Warning About Infant Formula
What Else Does the Science Say about the Health Impact of Fructose?
[+] Sources and References
- What if you were to learn that every day, 25 percent of your calories came from a poison, disguised as a food?
- And what if you discovered that this chemical imposter was responsible for your insulin resistance and weight gain?
- And elevated blood pressure ...
- And elevated triglycerides and LDL ...
- And depletion of vitamins and minerals ...
- And even gout, heart disease and liver damage?
- What if you were to discover that this toxic substance had been dumped into your food in gradually increasing quantities for the last thirty years, with the full knowledge and blessings of the American Heart Association, the American Medical Association, the USDA and the FDA?
- Would you be angry?
I wish I could tell you that this is just a dramatic plot from some fiction novel, but it's actually a shocking reality.
The substance dealing such a crushing blow to your health and responsible for many, if not most of the chronic diseases that are so rampant in our society, is sugar -- and more specifically, fructose.
We now know without a doubt that sugar in your food, in all its myriad of forms, is taking a devastating toll on the health of this nation.
By the end of this article, you will have a solid understanding of how and why this has happened. In order to really grasp this material, you'll have to learn a little of the biochemistry of energy, which is rather technical. But hang in there -- the knowledge you're about to gain, and the impact it will have on your health, will be well worth the effort.
I will try my best to make the more technical aspects as simple as I can for you.
Big Gulp, Meet Big Belt
We are eating far more than we were 25 years ago.
On average, men are consuming 187 more calories per day, and women 335 more calories. People who were never heavy before are becoming overweight, and the obese are becoming more so. We are now a "supersized" population.
Read Dr. Mercola's complete article....
My Best for the New Year
(866) 453-2021, ext. 2
ODDHC - Oxygen Enriched
Digestion, Hypoglycemia/Blood Sugar, Candida
(*Licensed in California)
Copyright Dr. Peter Zeischegg
DACNB, 2014. All Rights